PDA

View Full Version : OSI Challenger 4P Retrochallenge project

tezza
July 31st, 2014, 12:31 AM
My Retrochallenge entry is complete. One month of working on the Ohio Scientific Challenger 4P and blogging as I went (http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2014-06-30-fixing-C4P-ram-expansion-board.htm), with some good outcomes. It's a great way to focus on things that would normally be in the 'round tuit" corner.

alker
August 4th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Great great great!!!!

acollins22
August 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Well done Tezza,

I really enjoy seeing what people get up to during RC. I thought you rose to the challenge magificently (:-))

Well done Mate.

Andy.

Frank S
August 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Great job Tezza,
i am very sorry, i found your question in my inbox unreaded just after reading your blog.

Frank

tingo
August 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Yes - great job!

dabone
August 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I really enjoyed this project and the way you documented it.

Later,
dabone

tezza
August 5th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for all those supportive comments guys.

Yes, the blog is definitely a blow-by-blow narrative as in keeping with RetroChallege. It's a bit of a slog reading it in one sitting :)

Tez

tezza
August 5th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Great job Tezza,
i am very sorry, i found your question in my inbox unreaded just after reading your blog.

Frank

No worries Frank. I managed to figure it out.

Tez

Rick Ethridge
August 5th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Marvelous refurb. First class!

Al Hartman
August 5th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I found the article a great read...

Wish I lived down the road from you so you could help with the two TRS-80 Model I's and the Amiga 500 I'm trying to revive.

jltursan
August 5th, 2014, 11:07 PM
It has been an enjoyable read indeed, thanks Tezza!

I'm still learning about the Challenger and trying to find a complete system; but yours it has been the most practical source of info about the machine I have found.

tezza
August 6th, 2014, 02:04 AM
It has been an enjoyable read indeed, thanks Tezza!

I'm still learning about the Challenger and trying to find a complete system; but yours it has been the most practical source of info about the machine I have found.

Thanks. My few blog entries pale when it comes to Dave's OSI repository (http://www.osiweb.org/) though, if you are looking for OSI links and info.

Tez