PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Kaypro -- can someone help me identify this machine?

ednel
August 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hi there, experts. When I was in grad school back in the 80s, I bought two Kaypros from Creative Computing in Seattle. I was truly feeling cool, being the first one in my program to be lugging a luggable into the seminar room and library. My first machine was a Kaypro II, the second was a ... now that I look at it, I don't know and don't remember. The body says "Kaypro 10," but the back and front says "Kaypro 4." The serial number is 69811, so it comes rather late, I think, in production.

In any case, I'm hoping that someone can help me out here. Perhaps the machine was produced in the transition from 4 to 10, or perhaps some enterprising soul just switched the cover. As I say, I don't remember except that I got it on a good sale (maybe a "scratch and dent" that was repaired with the new cover?). I'd like to sell it now but I'm not sure what to advertise it as!

Thanks for any help you can give me,

EDN

ECNeilson
August 19th, 2014, 08:09 PM
If the machine has a hard drive, it's a 10. If it has two floppy drives, it's probably the 4. A picture would be very helpful.

ECNeilson