PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ my arcade cabinet's CRT

atari2600a
September 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
First of all, I'm completely sorry for posting yet another off-topic thread, but it was either I ask it here (A forum full of expert technicians, engineers, repairmen, & computer veterans), or the Benheck forums. (A forum full of mostly people younger than me & probably don't know much about CRT's & only LCD's (I'll explain further on...))

I scored an Neo-Geo MVS cabinet (somewhat half-converted into a Mortal Kombat machine) With a 2-slot MVS mobo, Metal Slug 4, Super Sidekicks 2, & Mortal Kombat off craigslist for $50. The thing is, the "perfect condition" cabinet (as the seller prompted in an email) was practically in pieces!

Once I got it in the shed to work on (I can hopefully put it in my room once I get it working & fixed up), I opened it up & noticed that EVERYTHING was unplugged! I reconnected all the controls & stuff, & now I'm stuck at getting the CRT up & running.

The seller said that the CRT control board that's in the cab isn't the original one. Is it safe to connect it to the CRT?

Terry Yager
September 22nd, 2006, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a question for internet.spies.com .

--T

atari2600a
September 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
OK, after plugging in a few plugs I missed last night, I got the MVS mobo & the sound working!

About the CRT's control board, upon further examination today, I noticed that the corner of it was charred, I found no anode cap anywhere in the cab! I'm not gonna even TRY to get the CRT working until I get a new PCB & transformer!

Does anyone know where I could get such things? (If it makes any difference, it's (I think) a 25" CRT)

atari2600a
September 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
So...until I get that 25" monitor working, I think I'll just stick w/ a VGA monitor for now. So, If I understand correctly, I just connect the Red, Green, Blue, Vsync & Hsync signals to their corresponding VGA pins? Is there anything I'm missing?

I might actually end up just buying an RGB-to-VGA cable from my favorite local surplus...