PDA

View Full Version : Time away/relocation

bettablue
October 5th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I will be away from the Vintage computer scene for the next couple of months. Although I am working on a new project, another IBM 5150 +5161 expansion unit system I will be calling Alice V2, that will have to wait while my wife and I relocate from Las Vegas and it's 120 degree summers to Eugene OR, where there are actually four seasons.

Yes you read that right... I scored another computer with a working IBM 5161 expansion unit. The computer is an IBM 5160, which I will keep separately. I'll be connecting the expansion unit to the most recently acquired IBM 5150 I got from Jimmy Tucker as a gift, which includes an XT-CF Lite. For all intent and purposes, I will be making a completely new system, but some of the systems internals, like the AST Six Pack won't be installed in favor of the aforementioned XT-CF Lite.

When I come back after our relocation, I'll be provide you all with an update on the new system.

paul
October 5th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Good luck with your move!

Chuck(G)
October 5th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Well, it's still warm in Eugene--about 84F today. But that can change in a heartbeat.

snuci
October 6th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Safe travels and good luck with the relocation.

barythrin
October 6th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Sweet score, and best of luck on your move!

ashbash
October 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I'll be doing similar when finishing college this year - going to move to the UK. Best of luck!