PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a video card (IBM 5150)

PCFreek
October 6th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Anyone know what kind of video card this is? Looks just like an IBM, but it has 2 TV outputs and a daughter board. Both circuit boards are printed with "ACI" inside a state of Texas silhouette. Chip date codes indicate it is a mid 1984 card.

lyonadmiral
October 6th, 2014, 09:02 AM
It looks to be an EGA video card with the memory expansion module, very rare, very nice. While I cannot guarantee it is the IBM one, the layout of connectors on the bracket indicates such.

PCFreek
October 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
It looks to be an EGA video card with the memory expansion module, very rare, very nice. While I cannot guarantee it is the IBM one, the layout of connectors on the bracket indicates such.

I jumped the gun posting this... it is indeed an IBM EGA video card with memory expansion. There is a model number in solder on the back:
EGA card # 1501529
Memory Expansion # 1501531

Info is easily found online, so I apologize for starting this thread. Now this thread can go from "what is this?" to "check out this cool EGA card"... I cannot edit the thread title or delete the thread... sorry...

Stone
October 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Looks just like an IBM, but it has 2 TV outputs...FWIW, those RCA jacks aren't composite outputs (or 2 TV outputs as you put it). They are part of the feature connector circuitry.

PCFreek
October 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
FWIW, those RCA jacks aren't composite outputs (or 2 TV outputs as you put it). They are part of the feature connector circuitry.

Thanks for the clarification... I looked up "feature connector" and see that you can do some cool stuff with it. I knew as soon as I used the term "TV outputs" that I was probably going to sound kind of dumb. Truth be told (and I can say this in all seriousness) that I am probably the dumbest guy on this forum. There is a LOT of incredible knowledge on here!

Great Hierophant
October 6th, 2014, 05:53 PM

I can, I used to have this exact card, and it is the original IBM card,