PDA

View Full Version : What *is* this thing?

nuxi
October 20th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Couldn't really help myself. Looked like some kind of early SBC, and at the very least would have some fun ICs to play with. Which it does, so I'm happy regardless.

What I know:
It's labelled LEI 1000 UP (supposed to be micro, I presume)
SY6502 @ 1 Mhz
512 bytes of RAM, in two 2112 packages
2k EPROM that, alas, was uncovered, so whatever firmware there was is likely toast
Two PIA chips
Centronics-y port (I'll have to check and make sure)

Anyone recognize either the specs or the bus?

nuxi
October 24th, 2014, 04:50 PM
*sigh* I'm going to have to try and see if the EPROM is recoverable, aren't I?

The only thing I have on hand to read it with would be a Heathkit 3400. Which doesn't have a convenient output. So I'll have to take down the code by hand. Any good suggestions for disassembling the hex values on a pc?

nuxi
October 24th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Centronics-y port (I'll have to check and make sure)

Also, not a centronics port. At least not the standard one. The port i nearly flush against the board, and the cable I tried was way too bulky. The size and number of pins seemed about right though.

cruff
October 25th, 2014, 01:42 PM
The card edge configuration reminds me of a Mulitbus card, but it has been over 25 years since I have seen a Multibus card in my hands.

lowen
October 27th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Not multibus; on multibus, the main bus has a different finger pitch than the secondary connector (I have some Z8000 multibus cards here if you want a pic......).

nuxi
October 27th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Not multibus; on multibus, the main bus has a different finger pitch than the secondary connector (I have some Z8000 multibus cards here if you want a pic......).

OK, not multibus, but I figure it's got to be some kind of industrial controller. And the EPROM is market "Ver 6.3", so whatever it is had some longevity.

I'm most interested in figuring out if it's a mainboard or just an interface card to some custom doohickey that no longer exists. If it's the latter, I'll probably just carefully jot down the location of all the ICs and then rob them (every single one is socketed).

geoffm3
October 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM
*sigh* I'm going to have to try and see if the EPROM is recoverable, aren't I?

The only thing I have on hand to read it with would be a Heathkit 3400. Which doesn't have a convenient output. So I'll have to take down the code by hand. Any good suggestions for disassembling the hex values on a pc?

IDA will disassemble 6502 IIRC.