PDA

View Full Version : At least partially dead RS/6000

ilyaz
October 26th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Not sure if this type of cross-posting is allowed on this forum, but since one of the responders to this post (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?44911-Three-vintage-PCs-needs-some-advice-on-condition-and-peripherals) suggested looking for possible interested parties among AIX/UNIX folks, I decided to do it.

So I have an IBM 7012 desktop which is at least partially dead. That is, I know for sure that the power supply is bad but can't test any of its other components. They do look fairly clean and I can't see any obvious signs of electric, mechanical or water damage.

My ultimate goal is to find a new owner for this piece, so let me know if you are interested. If you have any questions, ping me and I'll try to answer. Can definitely add more photos if needed.

Thx

ilyaz
October 28th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Small update: it has the following on the front label:

IBM
POWERstation
320H

I have no idea, though, whether the guts actually correspond to this model number

SM777
November 3rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Do you want a power supply for this or do you just want to give this away? I may have a power supply for that item. What I do have are st'd. Pentium 1 power supplies which might work if you are interested. Anyway, please do not "dispose" of this because these units are rare and the power supply can be replaced without too much difficulty.