PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attending World of Commodore Tomorrow?

CanadaPhil
December 5th, 2014, 05:43 AM
I have found myself pre-occupied with other things lately, but I am going to "try" to make it down to Toronto for WOC.

Anyone here planning on going?

sjgray
December 5th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I'll be there with my ColourPET, SuperPET, 8032 and BX720-D.
I will be showing MS-DOS and CP/M-86 on the BX machine, Softbox CP/M on the 8032, and OS-9 on the SuperPET.

Steve

CanadaPhil
December 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cool!

Maybe I will see you if I make it down from Barrie.

I am almost afraid that there will be stuff there that tempts me to want to buy it! Haha.
Its not that I am looking for anything or that I really "need" anything, but who knows?

MikeS
December 5th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'll be there; hope to see ya! Maybe snucci can even make it...

CanadaPhil
December 6th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Hey, Mike.

I think I am making the drive down, but I wont probably arrive till Noon or after lunch.
Then Im going to visit my Sister in Etobicoke and stay down for the weekend.

So I will maybe get a chance to meet some of the T-Puggers!
;)

CanadaPhil
December 7th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I only ended up staying a couple of hours (mostly checking out the bargain tables) and was not able to go to the dinner afterwards like I originally planned, so I was not able to meet too many guys... Maybe I will at a future TPUG monthly meeting.

I was happy with my sub $80 haul though which included a very early Vic20 with PET style fat top keys ($25)... And when that vendor cleared out they ended up just handing almost all of their remaining Vic stuff as FREEBIES! to me!! :D
I think I now have nearly every single Educator Tape packs Commodore ever put out!! (Think they gave me 12 separate ones with 6 cassettes each... Also got the Home Calculation Pack and Parts 1 and 2 if the Learning Basic set for the Vic... Oh... And 2 Datasette units! And a TON of other things including 5 different Vic Reference books. Not bad for $25!

Also got lots of C128 Software and a few odd 64 items.

I was tempted to try to hang around for the Amiga "silent auction"... How did that work out? It looked like there were about 5 or so Amiga 2000's with Toaster setups! How cheap did those go for?

Im going to plan better for next year!

;)