PDA

View Full Version : Retro Electronics Show in Irving, Tx March 14th - One day only

curtis
January 28th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Got this in a couple of days ago...

I'll probably be there with a table. Just have to work out a few details.

Retro-Tech Enthusiast:

This year's show is scheduled for Saturday March 14, 2015 (the second Saturday) at the same location as in past years. Tables and admission will be the same prices as last year.

Please be sure to visit the show's web site: RetroTechShows.com (http://RetroTechShows.com). At the website are all the details for the upcoming show, along with a flyer you can print and share.

The 2015 Retro-Tech Show is only a few weeks away.

If you are interested in tables or have other questions please drop me a line at mwsebastian@calcinfo.com (mwsebastian@calcinfo.com).

Or, you can contact me via traditional mail:
Mike Sebastian
1525 Redstone Dr.
Fort Worth, Texas 76112

Please help me make this show a success. Pass on information about this show to your friends and associates who may be interested.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you at the show.

Mike Sebastian

RetroTechShows.com (http://RetroTechShows.com)

January 28th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Is there a heavy computer focus? I'd love to set up and display my collection of Japanese computers

JDallas
January 29th, 2015, 06:27 AM
..Is there a heavy computer focus?...

I zoomed in on the photo they used to advertise the show and was not encouraged.

It would be smart of them to entice the vintage computer hobbyists in the DFW area to increase attendance. They should push local computer clubs to endorse them and assure a computer presence (give the club members discounts to tables). They've got time to do this... good for the organizers and those that attend.

curtis
January 29th, 2015, 06:57 AM
@68K, actually this is more of a swap meet. I did both once and had to keep slapping hands from trying to "buy" my display items!

There's not a real heavy computer focus. Definitely more along the vintage electronics painting a wide swath on that statement.

LOTS of calculators. Vacuum tubes, slide rules, a few old tube-type and early transistor radios, that sort of stuff.

It is a lot of fun tho even if you don't see any computer stuff. Kind of gives you an idea where the early computers actually came from.

When I haven't had a table and just attended, I had a lot of fun talking to the vendors and just seeing where our beloved retro-computers came from.

And I can not confirm I will be in attendance with some stuff for sale. Might have a couple of items just for show depending on how much I decide to bring.