PDA

View Full Version : Tektronix

tipc
February 6th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Years ago (1995 IIRC) at the all but defunct Trenton Computer Festival I saw a very large Tektronix unit. It roughly resembled a TRS-80 model 3/4, whitish, w/a 19" screen or close. Anyone have any clue what I'm referring to. I think it had a keyboard, but I can't swear to it (which is sure to make someone wonder why I'm comparing it to a TRS-80).

krebizfan
February 6th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Tektronix made a lot of large terminals, computers, and even oscilloscopes, any of which might be the one you are recalling. Probably not oscilloscopes because all the knobs are a giveaway.

Wikipedia has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tektronix_405x The main terminal designs were similar.

tipc
February 6th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Hey thanks for that.

Where do you go for all your Tektronix discussion needs?

daver2
February 8th, 2015, 07:37 AM
tipc,

Here...

If you are talking about the 4051 (as a brilliant graphics computer of the day) then a couple of us are working on simulations/emulations of it. See some of the other posts on this thread.

I have found a couple of websites with software for the 4051 etc. that I can pass on and there are a couple of 'virtual museums' - but as of today - the best source for documentation is probably bitsavers.org.

Dave