PDA

View Full Version : The post of Gloating

DimensionDude
October 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
A friend bought a bunch of used studio video equipment recently. Among the goodies were 2 Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 200 22" flat CRT monitors. Dual inputs with A/B switch on the front panel. Looks like they've never been used, no dust on the vents, no smudges on the screens. He asked me "do you want these monitors?"

What do you think my answer was? :) I'm looking at one of them right now. :wink:

I do have a question, though. Even after much Googling I haven't found out what the USB port on the back of the monitor is for. One site hinted that it was for accessing the OSD and changing the parameters. I suppose that I could just connect a cable and find out...

Kent

atari2600a
October 12th, 2006, 03:25 PM
What type of monitors are they? VGA? Composite? RGB? S-Video?

DimensionDude
October 12th, 2006, 05:57 PM
What type of monitors are they? VGA? Composite? RGB? S-Video?

They're VGA, max resolution is 1600x1200. Very nice picture. One little annoyance, since they're a slot-mask design (like a Trinitron) I can see the shadow of the two horizontal support wires on light colored screens (like this edit screen). I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

EDIT: Right after making the first post I found the owner's manual on the NEC website. That's a new one on me, I didn't know that NEC and Mitsubishi were associated.

Kent

Vlad
October 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
1600*1200 Wow, my LCD monitor is at 1680*1050. Thats a pretty big CRT......

-VK

chuckcmagee
October 12th, 2006, 08:06 PM
The support wires are no big deal. All my 17" CRTs have had those as they were all made by Sony. Long ago, in 1991, Gateway had great service. I called them up and complained about those lines. Neither I nor the support guy knew what was going on, soooo they shipped me another brand new monitor and paid to get the other one back. Of course, the NEW one had the exact same 2 lines, I sent the replacement back after I saw that.

Sniff, sniff, some of the old days were indeed good ol'.