PDA

View Full Version : amstrad 64K Colour

msasa
April 27th, 2015, 07:41 AM
hi, hope its ok that I ask these questions, was unsure of where else to ask.
Basically I just went to visit my auntie who was having a clear out, she was saying to my mum about an old games console her kids had played on years ago that she found in the attic and was going to put in a charity bag, we decided before we did that we would see if it was worth anything! so here it is!

Its an Amstrad 64k CPC464 colour, it has the keyboard and monitor, plus easily 70 games, still in the boxes/cases.

My question really is, is it worth trying to sell? are the games worth more alone? do people still buy these are is it just to old? my auntie said it worked when she put it away, her kids just grew to old to play it, theyre both almost 40 now which shows just how long ago it was played!
any advice would be greatly appreciated!

carlsson
April 28th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Check the going rate on e.g. eBay. A couple of years ago, CPC's were among the cheapest/least valuable home computers but things may have changed. Most tape games tend to be in the 1-2 range each, which you also can double check by what professional resellers are charging and for how long they have those up for sale. If you want to sell it off quickly, I'd suggest making a job lot deal unless you spot one or two really uncommon games there. Sorry to say I can't name which those games would be, but there are dedicated CPC sites that might have any insight, otherwise again browse eBay for ongoing and recently closed auctions.