PDA

View Full Version : Couple of things on ebay right now

curtis
October 15th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Got a couple of items on ebay right now with more to come in the next few days.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmcmccainQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ200QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

And before anyone asks, no this is NOT the same silver 8201 I bought on ebay a while back. This is the unit that got replaced.

curtis
October 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I've added some manuals on ebay.

Service Manual for the Quasar HK2500TE and probably the Panasonic RL-H1400 series of handheld computers.

An Apple II and Apple /// promotional catalog dated 1982.

A Heath/Zenith Mail Order Catalog number 800 dated 1982 covering the H/Z-89 and H/Z-100 series.

Just search under my seller ID of mcmccain.

curtis
October 21st, 2006, 06:52 PM
You know, sometimes ebay just ain't worth the trouble!

Oh well, I know the laptops will go to a good home.

Enjoy Chuck!

Curtis

Sharkonwheels
October 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
I hear ya, man. My RiscPC sale on fleaBay broke my heart - $47 !
You can't even FIND the stupid things here in the states !!

That thing even had a StrongARM 200MHz processor card - look up the price of the cards alone!!

As you said - sometimes it just ain't even NEAR worth it.

Now I see you gotta go through crap to ship your laptop, that sold for a whole 99 cents.

Hey - upside is that fleaBay didn't make much off your AT&T laptop!!! :eek:

Tony

curtis
October 22nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
I
Hey - upside is that fleaBay didn't make much off your AT&T laptop!!! :eek:

Tony

Actually, it's not as bad as it could be. Chuck McGee won both so I'll just dump them into a box (with a significant amount of peanuts and bubble wrap, of course) and save a buck or two on shipping.

And Chuck, if the amount you paid is over, I'll refund the difference.

Curtis

Terry Yager
October 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Congratulations, Chuck, on your great luck. And Curtis, again, sorry 'bout yours. (I just don't get it...those Globalyst laptops usually command a geat price on daBay...Especially one as maxed-out as that one...).

--T

curtis
October 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Congratulations, Chuck, on your great luck. And Curtis, again, sorry 'bout yours. (I just don't get it...those Globalyst laptops usually command a geat price on daBay...Especially one as maxed-out as that one...).

--T

Dude, you are one sick puppy!

BTW just posted another NEC. This time an 8401A. Pretty nice unit, but as with most of these, a little yellowed. Still a good piece.

Chuck, get your wallet out! :D

Curtis

Terry Yager
October 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
I'll never understand eBay, no matter how much I uze it.

--T

curtis
October 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
I'll never understand eBay, no matter how much I uze it.

--T

Brother, you ain't the only one! Although I am beginning to develop a better timing on things. Don't list ANYTHING that's been listed in the past 2-4 weeks! The more often people see an item the more they tend to think it's not as hard to come by.

Classic example Texas Instruments Hexbus floppy drives. Supposedly, there are only 6 of these items to be found on the ENTIRE planet. Within the past month and a half, there have been/are 4 listed on ebay. Ergo, there must be more than 6 on dear ole mother earth! Result, first system went WAY high. Of course, compound it with the 99/8 that went with it.

First floppy by itself sold for $825. Second floppy (the one I bought) sold for a bargain $615.

Now a friend of mine from Amarillo has his 99/8 with yet ANOTHER hexbus drive on ebay.

The buying public has to start wondering, "What's all the fuss about?"

Another example that's close to home. The silver NEC PC-8201. Dude, you can't find one here in the states, yet, I picked one up for $61.00. Absolutely insane!

I sell my original unit on ebay because I don't want to be accused of hording and I really don't need 2 of 'em. What did I get? $46. Chuck, you have no idea of how good a deal you got! Or do you??? :D

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox for now. Just had to a little grumbling. I'm really not that much of a curmudgeon. At least I don't think I am. Don't ask my wife, she's biased!!!

Curtis

chuckcmagee
October 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
Well, this silver one is pretty but I could live with the 8201As if required. On that note, Surplus Gizmos still has like 90 of em for $25 a piece. I bought 2 just for the ram in them.

curtis
October 23rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Well, this silver one is pretty but I could live with the 8201As if required. On that note, Surplus Gizmos still has like 90 of em for $25 a piece. I bought 2 just for the ram in them.

Great moogledy boogledy!! $25 is a very good price. And the count is down to 76 today. If I didn't already have a couple of "A's" I'd definitely be throwing down my money.

Curtis

curtis
October 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
Okay, I'm in a much better mood today.

Don't know what came over me, but I was just in a royal grumpy mood. May have to borrow some of the wife's Prozac. :D

Still, ebay is such a weird place, but anymore it's about the only place to find a significant quantity of vintage pieces. Goodwill is spotty at best, pawn shops won't take anything that doesn't run the latest and greatest version of Winblows, and yard sales? Please. How many TI 99/4A's does one person need?

VCF is a great place, don't get me wrong, but the marketplace there is becoming almost stagnant.

Yahoo auctions? Needs a lot of work.

I think it's time for someone to come up with the next big thing in online vintage computer sales.

Curtis

p.s. That someone won't be me, at least not right now.
Curtis