PDA

View Full Version : ATARI 1040ST + panasonic kx-p1080i printer -- looking for printer codes

ilyaz
May 28th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Hello everyone

I am now a proud owner of an ATARI 1040ST system which came with supposedly functional panasonic kx-p1080i printer. It also came with some word editing software. Want to try it out and also try printing. The install guide asks for printer codes for the Panasonic but I don't have its manual. Where can I get these codes?

Thx!

lotonah
May 28th, 2015, 09:38 AM
https://panasonic.ca/PCS/OperatingInstructions/KXP1080i.pdf

Should have everything you need there. BTW, which software are you going to be using? I had a pretty similar setup for years (swapped out the Panasonic for a Star NX-1000 at some point, though... and the 1040ST for a 1040STe with 2.5Mb).

ilyaz
May 28th, 2015, 10:14 AM
https://panasonic.ca/PCS/OperatingInstructions/KXP1080i.pdf

Should have everything you need there. BTW, which software are you going to be using? I had a pretty similar setup for years (swapped out the Panasonic for a Star NX-1000 at some point, though... and the 1040ST for a 1040STe with 2.5Mb).

Thanks much!

I got Timeworks Data Manager ST and Timeworks Word Writer ST

g4ugm
May 28th, 2015, 01:22 PM
If the STE has SIMMS its an easy and worthwhile upgrade to 4MB. I thought most of the ST software use GDOS output so didn't need to know about Printer Codes..

lotonah
May 28th, 2015, 06:21 PM
His software predates GDOS. I actually don't think I used a GDOS program until about 1989 or 1990.

Lots of other scalable font technologies at the time, too. I was using PageStream and Calamus a bit, so fonts were a blessing/bane to me.

lotonah
May 28th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Yes, that's true about the STE and SIMMs. The reason I had 2.5Mb is that it was RAM I already owned from another computer.

Heck, if I had the money I probably would have shelved out for the Mega STE. I lusted after that thing.

Got my 40Mb hard drive used from Bill Wilkinson. He didn't even bother formatting it, so I had source code to most of the OSS stuff he was working on (as well as the latest DevPac software, etc.). Too bad I messed up the drive and had to reformat it.