PDA

View Full Version : I'm SOOOO mad!!

apple2fan
October 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Today I get on eBay, do the "ended listings," search and see this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-APPLE-2-APPLE-APPLE-II-6502-NOT-PLUS-E_W0QQitemZ330039017283QQihZ014QQcategoryZ80286QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Unbelievable!!!!! I completely missed out! and I spent $450 on mine, and that's cheap! I found this 3 minutes after It ended. Someone got a heck of a deal!!!!

Unknown_K
October 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
If $450 was cheap for the one you purchased what is the problem? Sure there will be other deals much better, but as long as you did not get ripped off for the one you won I don't see the problem.

The problem with ebay is there might be a better deal 5 minutes after you commit to an item, or the deal you let slip by looks better then the next 30 auctions for the same item at a higher price.

I spend somewhere around $50 on deals every month for the collection, sometimes lucking out snagging items worth $100+ on ebay just for shipping charges. The budget keeps me from blowing too much money (I never resell any of it so I consider the money gone forever), and it also makes me work harder aquiring what I want (more of a challenge, and quite a bit of fun). I guess if you had an unlimited budget you would just make a list and hand somebody a VISA card and have a whole collection done in a month, no fun in that.