PDA

View Full Version : Covox Voice Master Key (External) v2.04X Software

BobNJ
July 11th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I have recently acquired a COVOX Voice Master Key (System II) manufactured around 1990 to provide sound output and voice input capability to an IBM stype PC. They made a slot card version but this one is more universal as an external device that connects to the computer via the parallel printer port.

Furthermore, this one appears to be different than the photos I've seen in that mine has a 4" speaker mounted on top whereas the photos on the internet show a small speaker mounted on the front panel. Does anyone have any information as to why there are 2 configurations? Which one came first?

I've been trying to test it. So far I've applied power and the two LEDs on the front panel light up and I can hear some background white noise from the speaker. I am looking for COVOX program disk for this device.

I've found a copy of the v2.04 disk that was supplied with the PC bus card version of the Voice Master Key, but what I need is v2.04X which directs the I/O to the LPT port. I've searched the internet but cannot find a copy of that software.

http://home.comcast.net/~rakpix/VM_TN.jpg

Trixter
February 13th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Hi, just curious if you ever found the software to drive the LPT version of the Voice Master Key System II?

Stone
February 13th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Good luck wit dat.

Bob hasn't checked in for over a year.

Trixter
February 13th, 2017, 12:21 PM
I know, but some members have email notifications set up to send them a notice when a thread they created is replied to.

Stone
February 13th, 2017, 01:26 PM
You mean via Subscriptions?

That can also send you a notice for threads you haven't created or even posted in.

Trixter
February 13th, 2017, 06:06 PM
I didn't know about that feature -- I've been logging in every few days and checking New Posts. In fact, I'll keep doing that -- otherwise VCF forum would be half my free time ;)

Stone
February 14th, 2017, 02:30 AM
Any thread you have subscribed to can be set to alert you via email notifications so, be careful. :-)

Trixter
February 14th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Yes, and my default is that all threads I've commented in or started will notify me. I thought that was the default, actually.

With all this off-topic nonsense in THIS thread, I am willing to concede that the OP never found the software :-(

Stone
February 15th, 2017, 03:51 AM
If you set the ‘Default Thread Subscription Mode:’ to ‘Do not subscribe’ you can then set the individual thread subscription options in each particular thread.