PDA

View Full Version : Apple Clones (Was: Apull klonez - spell normally!)

Chris2005
October 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
If any of you used to read the ads in the back of Byte (if any of ya wuz around), you might recall an Apple clone case and probably other stuph that was available back in the day. Anyone got any of that stuph? If so and yer willing to part with it, let me know.
I probably own the issues with those ads too, but I'd have to dig them out to scan them...

Terry Yager
October 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Ya mean like the Orange? I don't have one, but ya gotta love the name...

--T

Geo3
October 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Pinapple was another. Some of the clones have been on Ebay. Apple II have pulling in high prices these days. of $400.00 plus.

Take Care,
George

Sharkonwheels
October 24th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I distinclty remember one named the Zeus 2001, or something like that?

But, yeah, there were a bunch trying to be phunny, and using Phruity names playing on the Apple theme...

Tony

Chris2005
October 25th, 2006, 06:21 AM
actually I don't think their were any names. Just a generic box resembling the 2+/2e, and maybe some other assorted goodies. I'll have to scan the ads for all ya noobs!

carlsson
October 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
There is an excellent web page on the subject, so no need to dig up basic information unless you're keen about maintaining documentation.

http://www.apple2clones.com/ (intuitive name, huh?)

Vlad
October 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Ok folks, lets make an effort to keep the forum readable. No one wants to try to decode what your saying. This kind of stuff just makes the forum look bad as a whole. So no more 2kool 4 skool spelling or 1337 spelling. OK?

-Vlad