PDA

View Full Version : Windows NT 3.1 Beta Program

Pooraim
August 16th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Hello. I was having a clear out the other day and came across a box containing my old Windows NT 3.1 Beta collection. Although the items have all been opened, they are in very good condition and the CD's were only used once (to make backups). I expect these to be very rare and thought that they might be worth something. I did a quick Google, but couldn't find very much. I would be grateful if anybody here provide some advise on what they are worth if anything? The items have some sentimental value to me, but I'm no collector. Thanks in advance.

July 1992

October 1992

March 1993

Final

Complete Set (Windows Logo)

N.B. These also came with a copy of Visual C++ Preliminary Edition June 1993 which I have and it is in the same condition.

SomeGuy
August 16th, 2015, 01:22 PM
There are plenty of people who are interested in collecting Microsoft pre-releases, although there is not much of that on this specific foum. If you put them up on eBay, you should advertise them over on www.betaarchive.com - the kids over there eat this stuff up.

No idea here what they might sell for, although I would kind of expect price to vary wildly depending on what is included. Often programming tools and uncommon pre-releases do sell for quite a bit more than run-of-the-mill application software.

NeXT
August 16th, 2015, 06:19 PM
I'd advise against BetaArchive as they've been too self-centered recently. Remember the arguing over the Windows PE incident? Egos flew everywhere and briefly you could only try it if you had upper-member FTP access.
I'd almost consider archiving the disks before you sent it off to anyone because they might not be seen in the wild agian.

bobba84
August 23rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
+1 on that. The very fact that BetaArchive has an 'upper-member' FTP shows they think they are somehow more entitled to old software than the rest of us. Stuff them! If you want to, make ISO's and post them online so we can all enjoy them. :)