PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Problems PLEASE HELP

trublood06
October 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently i attempted to login to windows when out of the blue i found out that my keyboard was not allowing me to type my password in, my mouse works fine but my keyboard freezes on login screen. After further investigation it seemed that my keyboard was fine, i could still use it up to the login screen, then the keyboard would freeze disallowing me from entering windws. I thought that it would be disabled in the bios so i went to the bios and eveything seemed to be fine. I then used 3 different keyboards 2 of the old port connection (Ps/2) and 1 of the USB connection, and all did the same thing(freeze when i got to the login screen). I tried to enter my computer in safe mode and it still froze my keyboard, now i am all out of ideas and im despritly seeking help from some one. If anyone has any information please help.

I have a AMD CPU
Microsoft

Contact email priz_fighta@hotmail

chuckcmagee
October 29th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hope you have the important stuff backed up! And, no, I'm not much better at doing backups myself.

Anyway, you have a corrupted "device driver" or the registry is messed up or some other windows system files are corrupted.

Bottom line - need to do a total reinstall. You could try a "upgrade" type install first, I doubt that will work but worth a try. If that fails, you will have to reformat the drive and do a fresh install. Of course, you will lose all your documents, favorites, contacts, etc.

Vlad
October 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM
If you boot from the install CD, you can do a "repair install" which will put all the Windows files back and a new registry with out loosing everything. But that doesn't always work, but its worth a shot before doing a total reformat.

-VK

chuckcmagee
October 29th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, upgrade or repair install, both the same thing. I suggested trying the upgrade route first.

Terry Yager
October 29th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Hope you have the important stuff backed up! And, no, I'm not much better at doing backups myself.

Anyway, you have a corrupted "device driver" or the registry is messed up or some other windows system files are corrupted.

Bottom line - need to do a total reinstall. You could try a "upgrade" type install first, I doubt that will work but worth a try. If that fails, you will have to reformat the drive and do a fresh install. Of course, you will lose all your documents, favorites, contacts, etc.

IOW, it's just Winderz being Winderz...

--T

Vlad
October 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yep, upgrade or repair install, both the same thing. I suggested trying the upgrade route first.

I wasn't wearing my glasses when I read and typed my responce, so I guess I was lucky to hit the right keys. O_o

To be fair, you press "R" for repair in the setup thing :rolleyes:

Either way, the same thing happens.

-VK