PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying S-100 card manufacturer.

pjh
September 30th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Hi all,

I've just acquired an S-100 32k memory card of unknown manufacture. There is a logo on the back (solder side) that says SC-1. I will include a picture. Searching through the classic computer sites I know of, and a general search of the internet have turned up nothing.

I am hoping to find a manual with schematic to help me check out the card. I can probably trace out the circuit if I can't get a manual but there are two ICs missing. I might be able to figure out what the missing ICs are, but I would rather have the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Phillip

Marty
September 30th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Hi All;

Phillip, it would also help to take a picture of the complete front and complete back of the Board, and You would have a better chance of someone recognizing it..

THANK YOU Marty

pjh
September 30th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks Marty,

It's too easy to forget to provide complete information. Here are the pictures of the front and rear of the board.

Phillip

billdeg
September 30th, 2015, 06:24 PM
generic early 1980's S100 board IYAM

monahan_z
October 1st, 2015, 09:25 AM
Looks like a 32K Wameco card. Possibly prototype. See:-
http://s100computers.com/Hardware%20Folder/Wameco/32K%20RAM/32K%20RAM.htm
John

pjh
October 1st, 2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks Monahan_z!!!

THAT'S IT!!

Even knowing of the s100computers.com website, I hadn't run across the Wameco 32k board. It just takes an extra set of eyes to get results.

The board I have does appear to be an early prototype Wameco. Many jumper wires on the back, cut traces and patches to correct upper bank +5. Also other errors I've run across while attempting to trace the buss interfacing. It will be interesting to see if I can even get the board to work.

It would be interesting to know the history of this particular board.

Thanks again for everyone's help,

Phillip

billdeg
October 1st, 2015, 04:42 PM
After it was revealed to the Wameco I found a kit RAM board in my inventory that is pretty much the same thing. It has a red board though.