PDA

View Full Version : Palmspring Visor Prism (just got it!)

NathanAllan
October 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I've had it for a week and finally got a sync cable for it. I bought it for $10 unknown untested at the flea market, and a cable for $1. So far, it works great adn the battery hold a good hour+ charge! I have a few odler games form when I was helping Roberto with his Palm Pro, and now I can upgrade! At the same time he bought a M125 pda, also for $10 from the same guy, and it works great too. I have a package that I got from ebay on its way, basically a little accessory pack that is mainly about charging. The real neat peice was the C-cell external battery pack. The rest was pretty much run-of-the-mill stuff.

Is there a good browser for this thing? I've been looking around and sadly Mozilla doesn't have abrowser (that I found) for the PalmOS. There's an Opera browser and a few others but I wanted to get y'all's (what a great word) take on it.

Nathan

/edit did I say PALMspring? I meant HANDspring.

NathanAllan
November 19th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is an adapter for PCMCIA cards for this thing? I've read that the Visor uses the same connector as a pcmcia card but it is electrically differetn, a different pinout. Is there an adapter or instructions to make an adapter? I saw a developer's kit but that was for software. This thing would be nice IF I caould max it out hardware-wise. Does anyone here own one?

NathanAllan
November 22nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'm getting annoyed at this PDA. There are very few accessories for it and the ones that are available are for like celphones and you need to sign up for an account just for them (not gonna happen) or chargers and cases and pens. I was thinking about making my own wireless peripheral, using the USB port on the bottom (usb and serial really, kinda wierd pinout) and one of those USB thumb-type wireless devices. There are cables made for celphones to give it connectivity, so why not straight to wireless?

The reason I'm not going with the springboard port is simply it's too much trouble for an older PDA like this one. More money, more time and stuff are required. Plus I've been finding conflicting data about the springboard port so I'm not gonna mess with it.

I guess nobody here has one, then?

Nathan

Terry Yager
November 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM
I've got one here (Sheila's, actually), with some goodies, like the fone mod, keyboard, etc. It's stuffed inna drawer somewhere round here. Hasn't been used for a coupla yearz (I hate PalmOS).

--T