PDA

View Full Version : SoftGuard 2.03 protection

Arkady
November 29th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Hello,

I bumped into an old and rare French sofware made in 1986, called "MicroBuro II" from BUROCIEL
BUROCIEL was a small French company based in Toulouse (France).

I was able to read and copy the system floppy disks with a Deluxe Option Board after cleaning them (5"1/4).
But the two system disks were previously used for an installation (but not desintalled) and then, i can't install the software anymore.
The copy protection is SoftGuard 2.03.

Is it possible to set again the installation counter to "001", using the track editor of the Option Board ?
The Option Board can edit/modify/save protected tracks, i managed to do it with PFS: Write, File etc... It was quite easy.

Someone knows if it's possible with SoftGuard 2.03 or knows how to trick the counter?
Thank you

anormal
December 8th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Are you sure is SG 2.03?

I've found this http://defacto2.net/file/detail/ae30448

I'll check it and try to restore it if you want. I doubt you could do it with the Option Board. But if you need a patch, i can check it.
I love firing up my old TurboDebugger! :D

Arkady
December 10th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I found several txt files with the described method (your link)
Sadly the first step is:
First, using your valid, original CLIPPER diskette, install it on a
fixed disk. You cannot use this text to unprotect the floppy directly!
The problem is that my two system floppy disks were used to install the software and the uninstallation hasn't been done correctly.
So the installation counter is exhausted on the two floppies ! i cannont install it anymore, as required in the unprotecting method! :(

Tips and ideas are welcome! :D