PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find A Game - Apple IIe - Early 90s - Possibly Educational Software

Johnnyg5646
December 7th, 2015, 10:05 AM
When I was in elementary school every classroom had what I believe was an Apple IIe A2S2128. It looked exactly like this: 28204

There was a game that I loved back then that I would love to take a look at now. The problem is I have no idea what it was called. I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find it. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a game that wasn't designed for the Apple IIe, but was compatible with it. I probably played it in the year 1991 or 1992. It likely came out around that time (possible a few years earlier).

The game started off with the player a sleep in bed and the phone rings. I distinctly remember the word "ring" being printed all over the screen in different colors. The person on the phone asks the player if they want to save their friend. If you answer yes, you leave your house and enter another house where your friend is supposedly being kept. I don't remember much about the game after that except that you spend time navigating the house.

I used to beg to play this game every day and I can't even remember why I loved it so much. I would love to see it again. I appreciate any suggestions you guys have!!

Freestyle
December 31st, 2015, 05:27 AM
Could it be "Drug Alert!"?

https://archive.org/details/DrugAlert4amCrack

https://ia801306.us.archive.org/17/items/DrugAlert4amCrack/Drug%20Alert%20screen%203%20-%20gameplay.png

Johnnyg5646
January 4th, 2016, 07:00 AM
That isn't it, but it is very similar. I'm glad you brought this game to my attention because its pretty funny. I've been playing it all morning.

Freestyle
January 16th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Ah shame it's not the one you're after, but glad this one entertained you! I'll have to have a crack at it ;)

kyodai
January 22nd, 2016, 01:23 PM
I love how you can select "no" at the first screen when it asks you if you wanna help your friend and it's like instantly "game Over"... Why did they give that choice anyways? XD