PDA

View Full Version : YetAnotherLaw?

Terry Yager
November 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'm calling this one 'daYagerPrincipal':

"The more you fiddle with something you don't understand, the more likely you are to break it."

--T

apple2fan
November 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Just If I could put that to use!!

Terry Yager
November 5th, 2006, 06:00 PM
"If ya fiddle with something long enough without breaking it, ya might figger-out enough about it to actually fix it."

--T

atari2600a
November 5th, 2006, 06:34 PM
That's how I learned all the components of a computer when I was 9. I knew nothing about computer hardware, & then I took apart & rebuilt this old IBM Compatible, & then I knew everything! (well, enough to get around..)

ziloo
November 6th, 2006, 04:56 AM
And these are the rules that apply,.....except when they don't;.....then
there are other rules!!!

:biggrin:

sbrown
November 6th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Since we're playing with variants on Murphy's/Sod's Law, I'll add the one that applies for my workplace.

"If you think nothing has gone wrong, it's just because you haven't noticed yet."

And Brown's Corollary to daYagerPrincipal:

"The more you fiddle with something you don't understand, the more likely you are to dose of voltage to understand the situation."

carlsson
November 7th, 2006, 03:46 AM
And if you broke it once and managed to fix it, stop fiddling with it, or the next time it breaks, it is not possible to fix anymore.

apple2fan
November 7th, 2006, 03:55 AM
And if you broke it once and managed to fix it, stop fiddling with it, or the next time it breaks, it is not possible to fix anymore.

Now that's what I do.:D :D