PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Chip Supplier

Great Hierophant
November 8th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I have a need for a few vintage chips, yet I don't to be gouged on them or place a $100 order, which is usually the minimum. I would like to piggyback on somebody's large order instead. Anyone help me out? I need two SAA-1099Ps and a NEC uPB8284AD to start.

Anonymous Coward
November 8th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry, I can't help...but if it makes you feel any better, I can feel your pain. I just gave in and spent $100 on a roll of 50 vintage ICs, even though I only needed three. After several years of searching, you just give in and fork over the $$$. I hope you have better luck than me. If you find a good supplier of this sort of thing, let us all know.

Brendan
November 9th, 2006, 07:48 AM
These dudes are really cool and incredibly helpful in person and I'm always amazed at the old chips and components they have in stock. You might try calling them - I don't know if they have a minimum order. They don't "in person".

http://www.mchoward.com/

Great Hierophant
November 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM
They may or may not be able to help me, but at least I can get two 30-pin 16MB SIMMs from them. I have been waiting a while to find a supplier for those.

curtis
November 16th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Have you checked out Jameco?

I've gotten some stuff from then in the past I couldn't find anywhere else.

Curtis

NathanAllan
November 16th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Have you checked out Jameco?

I've gotten some stuff from then in the past I couldn't find anywhere else.

Curtis
Also try Mouser, they so far have had everything I needed and there's no minumum order.

grant
November 17th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Its common to have an order of 100 minimum. Use www.unicornelectronics.com. E-mail him for a price quote.

If they don't have it in stock, they have to buy them from a NOS wholesaler, and they have minimums.

Worst deal I had was $5 a piece on a 4kx1 ram chip, minimum of 100. :) I'll have to wait a while on that one...

chuckcmagee
November 17th, 2006, 12:47 AM
My NEC PC8201 ram chips are so expensive, I buy Tandy M100s and steal the ram chips out of them.

edwards-electronics.com
December 29th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hi, just a quick note, I might have some older computer IC's that people are in need of. If you look at auctions and find something great. If you have any questions please email me. I have lots of items not listed of yet.

Thanks

Michael Edwards

Great Hierophant
January 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Here is what I need:

1 x 8087-5
1 x 8088-5
2 x SAA-1099P

Anyone able to provide?

Druid6900
February 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, here's a strange little place that I've done business with before, they have no minimum order and they have quite a strange selection of chips. They don't have EVERYTHING, but, close.

http://www.circuitcafe.com