PDA

View Full Version : Teletype 33 For Sale on eBay

TTY-guy
November 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-TeleType-33-in-WORKING-Condition_W0QQitemZ230050189724QQihZ013QQcategoryZ 1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230050189724

atari2600a
November 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I can guarantee you that your auction will make it to $150. I mean, Erik's (the Admin) teletype is malfunctioning, held (or was) together by tape, & I believe has donor parts from another model teletype. I wouldn't be surpised if he payed over $40 for that! Yours even has Documentation!

If only I had the money...

Good luck w/ your auction!

mbbrutman
November 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Moved to Auctions, where it belongs.

chuckcmagee
November 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Darn! No paper tape reader! What's a tty without the paper tape?

I for sure would be killed outright if I purchased that baby.

I programmed one in 1968 to figure out square roots to 90 decimal places.

You would input, say, the number 5.

It would sit there, and sit there, then Bing, print head would start bobbing up and down and out would come 2.23.....

nige the hippy
November 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Damn!, Wrong side of the pond!

It's expensive enough to ship a teletype around europe, never mind from the US,

I was getting quotes for 250 plus to get a 33 (with tape punch) from italy to here, I was actually totting up the petrol + hotel prices for a trip!
The guy really didn't want to sell it to me because "eet iis a liittle ruuusty on thee paintwork" AAARRRGGGHH. a couple of days after the auction finished, an ex coleauge found a firm actually in luton that exports to italy, and brings lorries back fairly empty.

Well i have enough stuff to fix, and a shortage of room until I move, so no teletypes for me for a few months / years.

mbbrutman
November 11th, 2006, 06:29 AM
That's in my area - I could easily drive to get it. The question begs .. what would I do with a teletype? I know I could use it as a terminal for one of my Linux machines, but that is getting a little too primitive.