PDA

View Full Version : 5150 Early CGA card on eBay

bobba84
February 1st, 2016, 05:20 PM
For those that are interested in these - it's the early type CGA, with black bracket. Seller also has a few other early looking cards.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-IBM-8-Bit-ISA-Color-Graphics-CGA-Card-/291599910609?hash=item43e4b586d1:g:DbsAAOSw~bFWLqs g&autorefresh=true

Bobby.

romanon
February 5th, 2016, 05:04 AM
In my watch list....but shipping to EU is too expensive ..

vwestlife
February 5th, 2016, 05:59 AM
In my watch list....but shipping to EU is too expensive ..

You can try asking the seller if they can offer non-flat-rate shipping. A full-length ISA card wouldn't even fit into the medium size Priority Mail flat rate box that their shipping price is based on, anyway.

Trixter
February 5th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Snagged!

bobba84
February 7th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Snagged!

Why did I know you would get it :p

Trixter
February 7th, 2016, 03:06 PM
I had ulterior motives; I only have one old-style CGA card and it might be going bad (I can't capture proper color from it any more using commodity devices, something I used to be able to do), and also I have a 5150 that I want to restore and give to a friend so I needed it for that too.

Sometimes I do "hoard" things that are worth a lot to me personally (at one point I had seven central point deluxe option boards), but this wasn't one of them -- it really will be put to use.

bobba84
February 7th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Sometimes I do "hoard" things

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insinuate you hoard things... I just knew it was right up your alley!

Trixter
February 7th, 2016, 07:00 PM
No offense taken. A few of my friends know that I do, in fact, hoard a few aspects of our hobby; my messages was partially to them.