PDA

View Full Version : For those too young to remember and for those too old who have forgotten...

rykker
February 2nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Here's my unboxing of a brand new in box IBM Model 30 286
http://imgur.com/a/gLPa2

Capt. 2110
February 2nd, 2016, 03:16 PM
That's awesome! Where did you get that?

bobba84
February 2nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
Wow!!!! :D

glitch
February 2nd, 2016, 04:14 PM
Very cool! I've had various PS/2 bits over the years, but never a complete, all-from-one-source system!

mike52787
February 2nd, 2016, 05:10 PM
Oh my. What was the company you bought that from? I am really interested.

rykker
February 2nd, 2016, 05:55 PM
Oh my. What was the company you bought that from? I am really interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/IT-Source-Distribution-LLC?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Ask for what they don't have listed up!

SpidersWeb
February 2nd, 2016, 06:40 PM
It is epic seeing photos of it as new, thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new machine!

Looked up the listings on ebay - $US799 + shipping :(

Caluser2000
February 3rd, 2016, 10:26 PM
Nice.

Ok, it's original but those mice are horrible.

PeterNC
February 5th, 2016, 02:50 PM
My suspicion is that the poster is the seller applying stealth sales tactics.

chulofiasco
February 7th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Nah, I'm the seller. That's Rick. ��

stangman517
February 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I also recently (2015) bought a NOS sealed system from eBay. Paid $320 + $30 s/h. Now the same seller (it-sourcedistribution) is selling them for $499!!!

Speaking of PS/2 Mod 30/286s, does anyone have an extra 1.44mb floppy bezel laying around they would part with? For a reasonable price and s/h I will gladly pay. I need one for another Mod 30/286 system I have.

Thanks

chulofiasco
February 8th, 2016, 07:20 AM
LOL, we had it posted at $350 when you had offered $320. Our price has gone up due to less units being available. Reasonable offers are still being considered of course.

Regarding the bezel, we have them available. Feel free to message me and I will send a PayPal invoice over.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

rykker
February 8th, 2016, 09:00 AM
$350/$499, still far less than original retail price... even if it went upto that amount, I'd still pay for a collector's item such as these...

geoffm3
February 8th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Nice.

Ok, it's original but those mice are horrible.

I never minded the PS/2/1 mouse... seemed okay in my hand. I could see the buttons going out with judicious usage though.

lutiana
February 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Those prices are way too high IMO. I mean the stuff is great, but it's hard to see anyone who is really into this as a hobby affording the stuff. Still I guess they must be selling some of it to someone.

lutiana
February 8th, 2016, 10:29 AM
My suspicion is that the poster is the seller applying stealth sales tactics.

Yep, I agree, though it looks like it's a either someone with 2 accounts on here, or a pay of people advertising at us. Still, nothing really wrong with this as it is completely relevant to the forum. Just wish their prices were more down to earth though....

chulofiasco
February 8th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Hey man, i'm the seller -- there's only one of me. We have a warehouse in long island that's filled with stuff. I know my prices are high, but the condition of my gear is amazing. I've made a few friends on here that could vouch both for me as a decent human being and for my gear (and customer service). Feel free to message me if there's anything you see or have been looking for, might have it!

Trixter
February 8th, 2016, 12:26 PM
If I had known there was interest in whole-computer unboxings, I would have shot video of my opening of an IBM PS/2 Model 25 a few months back. I'll be sure to shoot video of the AT&T 6300 unboxing to occur later this month.

lyonadmiral
February 8th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Hey man, i'm the seller -- there's only one of me. We have a warehouse in long island that's filled with stuff. I know my prices are high, but the condition of my gear is amazing. I've made a few friends on here that could vouch both for me as a decent human being and for my gear (and customer service). Feel free to message me if there's anything you see or have been looking for, might have it!

Do you have any PS/2 Model 25's Color? :)

bobba84
February 8th, 2016, 12:50 PM
video of the AT&T 6300 unboxing to occur later this month.

Awesome!!!!!

lyonadmiral
February 8th, 2016, 01:32 PM

Sounds like you found the remnants of the New York Computer Exchange (NYCE).

chulofiasco
February 8th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Presently it seems we only have the monochrome available -- my warehouse manager is sure he stored some color ones -- but i have been looking for them since last year. i'm holding out hope -- the warehouse is enormous.

stangman517
February 8th, 2016, 05:35 PM
You gotta consider those ICs are 30+ years old, and ONE of these days they'll meet their mtbf. Yep one of these days old things break!!

vwestlife
February 8th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you found the remnants of the New York Computer Exchange (NYCE).

He is the NYCE:

http://www.nycellc.com/about-us-ezp-5.html?chapter=1

"In addition to stocking some of the latest tech, we also have a large assortment of original boxed IBM PS/2 system components and Model M keyboards."

chulofiasco
February 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
He is the NYCE:

http://www.nycellc.com/about-us-ezp-5.html?chapter=1

"In addition to stocking some of the latest tech, we also have a large assortment of original boxed IBM PS/2 system components and Model M keyboards."

i eventually plan on getting some microchannel cards and stuff up on there... the website is still needs a lot of love... #sorry

kyodai
February 9th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Ah nevermind, just read that the company already opened these to replace the cmos battery...

chulofiasco
February 9th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Ah nevermind, just read that the company already opened these to replace the cmos battery...

I make them at my desk. ������

There are some random photos in my profile.