PDA

View Full Version : Seagate ST351A/X in a Commodore Colt

oblivion
February 26th, 2016, 03:05 PM
came across 3 Seagate ST351A/X hard drives at a thrift today. thought I would try installing one in my Commodore Colt but i'm not having any luck. I have enabled the on board XT interface for the drive but no matter how I set the jumpers on the drive I get "hard drive not found". I can hear the drives spinning up and the LED activity light comes on but cant get it working. can anyone tell me the exact jumper settings so I know for sure that's not the issue.

Also my machine has an early BIOS so I know i'm limited to 20MB

jjilek
March 22nd, 2016, 01:21 AM
came across 3 Seagate ST351A/X hard drives at a thrift today. thought I would try installing one in my Commodore Colt but i'm not having any luck. I have enabled the on board XT interface for the drive but no matter how I set the jumpers on the drive I get "hard drive not found". I can hear the drives spinning up and the LED activity light comes on but cant get it working. can anyone tell me the exact jumper settings so I know for sure that's not the issue.

Also my machine has an early BIOS so I know i'm limited to 20MB

You may use this article: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/hard-drives-hdd/seagate/ST351A-43MB-3-5-SL-IDE-AT.html

ST351A/X
only 20-MB capacity
+-------------------------+
|O O O O O O X X O|
|O O O O O O X X O|
+-------------------------+