PDA

View Full Version : A question from a programmer

vol.litwr
March 22nd, 2016, 10:44 PM
Hi! I like to write programs for some vintage systems - http://litwr2.atspace.eu/retropc.html
I have an Commodore 16 :) but I am not a collector. I have to use the emulators. :( The quality of the emulators for some systems (IBM PC included) is poor. :(
I am new at this forum. Is it the right place for a software writer where he can ask to help with the several short hardware checkout? Thank you.

krebizfan
March 23rd, 2016, 09:39 AM
Maybe you would be better served in the topic 2 rows down "Vintage Computer Programming" which has a number of threads devoted to the challenge of creating new software for older computers. For issues related to specific hardware, you might want to check in the hardware specific topic. Differences between emulators and real hardware are tricky but most emulators don't adequately document those.

Describe the problems being faced and someone may be able to assist. Some hardware and software combinations are rare enough that you will be on your own. Russian PDP-11 clones are uncommon in the English speaking parts of the world.

vol.litwr
March 28th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Thank you very much. I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of very interesting information around. I hope to find more time to read it. :D