PDA

View Full Version : Titan QX-PC for Epson QX-10 - Documentation

Avia
March 26th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Hi All,

I have a couple of Titan QX-PC 8088 boards for my QX 10 but have been unable to get the Epson to recognize them. The Titan software hangs when booting (both cards same result), but no other information is given. Not sure of the dip switches on the QX 10 need to be reset or not?

I am hopeful someone can point me to the documentation that accompanied the board, or to some setup guidance. I have looked everywhere with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Cary

retrogear
March 27th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Disk images are available here: http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/comp/qx10/disklibrary.html
Essentially you preboot cp/m then run qxpc.com which prompts to boot DOS.
It would have to be an early version pc-dos like 2.x formatted 8 spt 320k. I owned a QX-10 but
never had a qx-pc card. I'm not even sure a DOS disk exists for it. If you do have the DOS disk, check the CONFIG.SYS
to make sure it's not loading the Titan hard disk driver since I assume you have none. Did you get disks with it? What disks do you have?

Larry G

Avia
March 27th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks Larry. Yes, that is where I downloaded the images from. No other disks.

QXPC.com seems to hang with a "Testing QX-PC....." message and I can't seem to get beyond that to the point where I can boot a DOS disk.

I actually do have the ComFiler 10 MB hard drive, but it is configured for CPM and left off when trying to work with the Titan board.

Cary