PDA

View Full Version : Amiga 2000 diagnostic software

Druid6900
September 14th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Hi, it's me again...

Long story short, I have an Amiga 2000 no-boot unit in for repair.

It's got the original type Video Toaster in it and a H8 hard drive card in it.

I got the hard drive working again pretty quickly and all the software was intact and functioning, but, I have ZERO Amiga diagnostics software to test it.

Does anyone have software for any or all of the components listed that I could borrow, beg, buy or steal? :-)

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me on this as I HATE sending out repairs untested no matter how well it seems to be working.

Thanks,

Richard

jltursan
September 14th, 2016, 10:55 PM
The only Amiga tool I know capable of doing hardware tests is Advanced Amiga Tool (http://obligement.free.fr/articles/advanced_amiga_analyzer.php). Sadly it needs a hardware dongle to test some of the Amiga hardware (probably ports, not sure) . It also seems to be a bit unstable.

There're a lot benchmarking tools like Scout or AIBB (Amiga Intuition Based Benchmarks) that can do something for you; but none can do real exhaustive tests.

Hope this helps...

KC9UDX
September 15th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I could sell you an Advanced Amiga Analyzer. I got stuck paying for a dozen of them when they were new. :mad:

But, they're pretty stinking useless. They won't help you figure out why you can't boot.

What do you mean by it won't boot anyway? Do you get the insert disk image/animation? Do you get boot colours?

Did the battery leak and destroy the 68000 socket? (Very common.)

Druid6900
September 17th, 2016, 07:04 AM
I could sell you an Advanced Amiga Analyzer. I got stuck paying for a dozen of them when they were new. :mad:

But, they're pretty stinking useless. They won't help you figure out why you can't boot.

What do you mean by it won't boot anyway? Do you get the insert disk image/animation? Do you get boot colours?

Did the battery leak and destroy the 68000 socket? (Very common.)

No, you misunderstand, I got the hard drive working and the system now boots and everything seems to work.

"Seems" being the operative word here.

Just as I would never send out a purchased piece of equipment from my site without it being fully tested and burned-in for 24 hours, I don't like to send back a customer repair without testing it thoroughly.

I would be interested, in PM, discussing purchasing one of the AAAs from you.

There is a good chance that we would never need it again, but, it'll be worth it to be able to send back this customer's A2000 knowing everything works perfectly.

Regards,

Richard