PDA

View Full Version : New printed copies of DRI CO/M manuals?

JonB
October 5th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Does anyone have a source for the DRI CP/M manuals?

I can see them as PDFs on Gaby.de but I want paper copies. They don't come up on eBay very often...

I could print myself but I think that would be costly and I wouldn't get double sided.

Advice?

Chuck(G)
October 5th, 2016, 08:58 AM
If you want the basic manual set for CP/M 2.2, gaby.de is probably as good as the originals, which were printed on matte stock and simply stapled. No binding at all. The print quality was about the level of what you'd get with a mimeograph. Later ones had real covers and were "perfect" bindings. I used to see piles of the things at "Friends of the Library" sales.

Take the PDFs to someone with a duplexing laser printer; print the covers on 200 lb. stock and you'll be as good as the originals.

ldkraemer
October 5th, 2016, 05:47 PM
JonB,
You might be interested in the Forum Posting at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.cpm/dPD9jpno_ic

where they are saying that TEX21A.COM can process the DRI *.TEX files to produce the Documentation.
I tried the CPM22TEX.ZIP I downloaded from Gaby's site and also FileWatcher.

I've got all but APPE.TEX to process, but for some strange reason it gives multiple errors. Hopefully,
Mark will be able to reproduce the errors I am getting. Although he says the files all process properly.

Larry

MicrocomputerSolutions
October 5th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I have some extra Original CP/M-80 Manuals if your are looking for an Original.

My Heathkit copy comes to mind. Heathkit printed the CPM-80 Manual and put them in 3" three-ring binders. Probably the nicest Presentation that was available.

Make me an Offer (plus shipping, it weighs 8-10 lbs), and it's yours...

Michael

JonB
October 7th, 2016, 06:10 AM
You're in the US, right?

MicrocomputerSolutions
October 7th, 2016, 09:20 PM
You're in the US, right?

SoCal

JonB
October 8th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Shipping would make it too expensive. I'm in the UK.

Thanks for the offer though!