PDA

View Full Version : DVD disc damaged after 'Burn' being unsuccessful in Nero 7.

apoorvasheth
December 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Hi! My name is Apoorva. I have faced a problem with my blank DVD.

I had burned a blank DVD (Morserbaer ) in the month of July with some Data files using Nero 7.

Than, I kept this burned DVD into the "DVD Pack" which is provided by Moserbaer when one purchases a
10 Pack DVD.

Today, few mins back, I had inserted the same DVD into the DVD writer ( Liteon ) inorder to burn few more data on the same DVD.

When I clicked on the Burn button in Nero 7, it straight away progressed to 50% and than gave an error stating that Burn could not be completed.

( Options selected before clicking on Burn were :
Write on the left menu.
Speed was set to 8x, DVD supports upto 16x.
Enable multisession.
Verify data after burn.
)

Now what happened is that the disc has became inaccessible. It is not being read by the Liteon DVD Writer & seems to me like this disc has been damaged.

I tried few of the data recovery tools available on the internet
but were of no use.

Than, I removed the DVD from the tray and turned it upside down to see the recording layer and found that it has overwritten on the previously burned data. This is b'coz there is a big circle round the disc at the end of
and a medium size new circle in that big circle.

Anybody in this forum would have any idea as for how to recover the data from this DVD even though the recovery tools have already been used.

A quick reply in the above matter will be highly appreciable!!!
Apoorva M. Sheth

mbbrutman
December 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I moved your post to the 'off topic' area, because it is very off topic for a vintage computer forum.

I deleted the second duplicate thread you created, which was also in the wrong place. Did you think nobody would see it and your chances would be better?

Did you even look to see what type of forum you were posting to before you asked your question? You'd be better off at a forum that supports modern machines, not 16 and 8 bit machines!

Vlad
December 10th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Did you use Track at Once (TAO) or Disc at Once (DAO)?
Track at once would be used to add more later I think. But sadly, after over burn like that, the disc and its data is destroyed.

That is a pretty far streatch for a Vintage forum, there are other places that could provide better support.

-VK

apoorvasheth
December 10th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Hey vlad! Thanks for your reply. Well, the option selected was 'Disc-at-once' which was already there by default.

Secondly, the DVD disc already had 1 g.b. of free space when I started to burn new data ( about 16 M.B. ) on it since the last time the DVD Disc was used, multisession was 'ON'.

I hope you got my point that this is not a case of overburn but is 'overwritten'.

Kindly see if you have any ways of getting this issue Fixed!

Apoorva M. Sheth.

ahm
December 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM
there are other places that could provide better support.

For example:
http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Support.html

Mike Chambers
December 12th, 2006, 08:15 AM
none of the old data actually gets re-written in a process like this, rather it just writes updated directory structure data to the end of the disc. i suppose it should be possible to extract only the first burn session to an ISO and re-burn it. have you tried this?

a good program for that would be cdrwin (http://www.goldenhawk.com) by golden hawk technology.