PDA

View Full Version : Burn Kayplus ROM

Doug_M
November 1st, 2016, 06:33 AM
I have a 4'84 that I'm just getting into and thoroughly enjoying. I'd like to upgrade it with a Kayplus ROM but I don't have a burner. Is anyone able to burn one for me?

Thanks,
Doug

glitch
November 1st, 2016, 07:38 AM
If you can't find anyone in Canada, I can probably burn one for you (I don't imagine it's some sort of exotic EPROM). Shipping from the US will be high, so if there's someone local-ish to you that will be your better option.

Doug_M
November 1st, 2016, 07:43 AM
Thanks Glitch, I appreciate that.

EagleTG
November 1st, 2016, 08:08 AM
Offering my services as a backup to Glitch. I'm also from the US, so shipping will likely be high as in his case. Same caveats apply, I can burn most standard ROMs. I don't remember exactly what's on the KayPro machines, but I don't think it's anything unusual. I have a lot of KayPro machines, and might even be able to test the ROM once burned. :)

mloewen
November 5th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Offering my services as a backup to Glitch. I'm also from the US, so shipping will likely be high as in his case. Same caveats apply, I can burn most standard ROMs. I don't remember exactly what's on the KayPro machines, but I don't think it's anything unusual. I have a lot of KayPro machines, and might even be able to test the ROM once burned. :)

It takes a bog-standard 2764.

Doug_M
December 1st, 2016, 09:20 AM
If you can't find anyone in Canada, I can probably burn one for you (I don't imagine it's some sort of exotic EPROM). Shipping from the US will be high, so if there's someone local-ish to you that will be your better option.

I'll take you up on that offer Glitch. Reading the thread on modifying the FreHD for use with the Kaypro, it would seem the TurboROM is the one I want. It can be found here: http://planemo.org/retro/downloads/kaypro/TurboRom_Kaypro_4.zip The rom file is in the TROM34 folder. I'll PM you with my contact info.

Much thanks,
Doug