PDA

View Full Version : problem with audio stuttering in MAC version of Full Throttle

oblivion
December 20th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Can anyone tell me why my version of Full Throttle plays the intro like this?

https://youtu.be/0jgNtCMPEDM

Its on a 233mhz G3 MAC. It also did this on a much more powerful 500mhz G3 Imac. I tried messing with resolutions and smooth video options and its always plays the same way. This same disc played the game fine on an earlier power mac I used to have. could this be caused by to fast of a machine?

oddly enough also on the disc is a demo for The Dig and Rebel Assault II. The Dig has the same issues but the FMV for Rebel Assult plays just fine.

Plasma
December 20th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I don't have a Mac but supposedly disabling virtual memory can fix the stuttering.

Also I seem to recall being able to copy all the Full Throttle files to the hard drive and run it without the CD, which might help. But that was the DOS version.

Unknown_K
December 20th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Are you running it from a HD connected to a PCI card?

oblivion
December 21st, 2016, 09:25 PM
I don't have a Mac but supposedly disabling virtual memory can fix the stuttering.

Also I seem to recall being able to copy all the Full Throttle files to the hard drive and run it without the CD, which might help. But that was the DOS version.

That seemed to do the trick. thanks, I never would of guessed that.

Are you running it from a HD connected to a PCI card?

nope