View Full Version : Name of the CD audio connector on early Creative cards

February 20th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know the name of the CD audio connector used on early Creative Labs sound cards, before the introduction of the MPC connector?

Here's a photo of a Sound Blaster 16 (http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/File:Creative_Sound_Blaster_16_MCD_(Panasonic).jpg ) - the connector in question is labelled CD_IN.

I would like to order both some sockets (as shown on the card) as well as the mating plugs (to make up some CD audio cables) as pre-made cables are getting quite hard to find and expensive here in Australia. So if anyone knows what either are called or has any part numbers or anything, that would be much appreciated!

If anyone knows I will also add the details to the CD audio connectors (http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/CD_audio_connectors) page on the Vogonswiki, which currently refers to this connector as SBCD, lacking any other info.


February 20th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Take a look at Molex brand connectors. They make some that look like that.


February 20th, 2017, 05:47 PM
I think it is a JST connector.


February 20th, 2017, 06:57 PM
@Tom: I've looked through heaps of different connector types and even bought a few but no luck.

@Plasma: I think you might be right! I had assumed JST was a connector type but it seems JST is usually used to refer to one of many types in a series. It looks like the 2.0mm variant of the PH series of JST connectors is what I am after. I have just ordered a few so hopefully when they arrive I will be able to confirm if this is the correct type! Many thanks.

March 16th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Just confirming that yes indeed, the "SoundBlaster CD audio" style connector is the JST PH-series 2.0mm connector. The ones I ordered perfectly match the originals.