PDA

View Full Version : HP Vectra ES/12 286: Looking for Power Supply pin layout

achim2211
February 25th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Guys,

I've got a HP Vectra ES/12 286 in quite good condition. The issue is that the power supply is dead. I opened the PS and on the first look one large condencer in the primary part is blown up along with a exploded optocoupler. I don't want to invest buying those parts becuase there is high chance it still won't work. Instead I am looking to put another old power supply PCB into the HP PS chassis.

My problem is that I have no clue what the cable coding is. Obviously red, yellow and black is clear. In addition the huge connector carries 4 more cables: blue, violet, green, orange.
I was expecting 3 more cables, power good, -5V and -12V but no idea what the 4th cable is for. The spare part number of the PS is 45935-60231 if this helps.

There are 5 supplies mentioned on the PS:
A. 5V 17.5A
B. -5V 0.25A
C. 12V 2.4A
D. -12V 0.25A
E. 12V 1 A

Here is how the connector reads in terms of colors:
1. blue : ?
2. violet : ?
3. green : ?
4 orange : ?
5..9: black : ground
10: NC
11..15 red : +5V
16. yellow : +12V
17. black : ground

Does anyone know what 1...4 are? Or does someone has a spare supply for me? Or any other hints?

Thanks,
Achim

achim2211
March 21st, 2017, 01:51 AM
I was able to get the pin layout of the power supply by checking the connection to the power supply ports of the ISA slots. Then I adopted an ordinary power supply to the HP power mainboard connector.

Unfortunately and to my surprise the HP board with the supplied VGA didn't bring any BIOS message. A double beep, thats all. I changed the VGA and checed voltages on ISA slot but all is fine.

Any ideas, suggestions? Originally the power supply was blown up (an exploded capacitor) but now it seems there is damage on the mainbord too.

Cheers
Achim

mrcity
May 27th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Could you tell us exactly how you adapted the ordinary (ATX, I presume) power supply to the HP mainboard?