PDA

View Full Version : Quadram Quadmeg AT Looking for Newest Quadmaster drivers

snowman
March 8th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I have a 16bit quadram quadmeg AT (on a sticker it says Quadmeg ATX actually). It has no serial or parallel ports etc.. The build date on the sticker is 08-1985. I have the quadmaster III 3.04 drivers but they are only EMS 3.2 compatible. I really wish to have a EMS LIM 4.0 quadram.sys driver as it seems everything requires that. I found Quadmaster 3.08 on www.minuszerodegrees.net but the zip file will not unzip. Its damaged and a repair of it only gets a few files out of it and none are quadram.sys. Maybe the 3.08 drivers arent EMS 4.0 compatible either but 3.08 seems to be the latest evidence of quadram drivers I can find.

Im also looking for a manual for this board. I have no idea what the dip switches should be set at. I have a Quadram Liberty PC board and I guessed at them to get it working :P.

Thanks

modem7
March 8th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Welcome to these forums.

I found Quadmaster 3.08 on www.minuszerodegrees.net (http://www.minuszerodegrees.net) but the zip file will not unzip. Its damaged and a repair of it only gets a few files out of it and none are quadram.sys.
Fixed. Try it again.

snowman
March 9th, 2017, 05:49 AM
WOW thanks! I downloaded it and viewed the drivers. As suspected its a minor revision to 3.04 and contains the same quadram.sys driver which is only EMS 3.2. Oh well I am very grateful for it and your contributions to this forum. Thanks again and if anyone knows of a newer EMS 4.0 driver for Quadram/Quadmeg AT liberty cards (even knows that one may have existed even if you dont have it) that would be great (or a manual). The later quadram boards (the 16bit ones) are super difficult to find any info on. I had to scour the internet for even just pictures and the quadmaster drivers Ive found. Theres barely any info on the company ever having existed compared to other manufacturers like AST and BOCA. Looking back at old PC magazine pdfs from googles archive they were a popular brand too right up there with intel aboveboard, ast, boca they all seem to be mentioned together. @modem7 you are probably one of the only places that has any drivers and manuals for a couple models. Cheers to you.