PDA

View Full Version : XT-IDE Enabling V2/Chuck's Mod not working?



hardeejr
March 9th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Hi everyone -

N00b here, so go easy on me. :-) I'm trying to change the settings on my XT-IDE Rev 3 card to enable Chuck's mod. I have changed the jumpers to enable Chuck's mod. I then booted into DOS (from another MFM drive) and ran XTIDECFG.COM. I can read in the EEPROM settings. And I can write them back without issue, provided I haven't changed any settings. However, when I go in and change it from XTIDE r1 to XTIDE r2 and then go to write the EEPROM again, it fails every time with the error "EEPROM did not return the same byte that was written. EEPROM was not flashed properly!". Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? It's probably something extremely simple, but I'm at a loss here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Malc
March 10th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I assume you have the Rev 3 card designed by Glitch, What revision of the XUB are you using and where did you get it ?, Some info on the card is [ Here (http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/xtide/rev_3/XT-IDE%20Rev%203%20-%20general.htm) ]

hardeejr
March 10th, 2017, 01:02 PM
I assume you have the Rev 3 card designed by Glitch, What revision of the XUB are you using and where did you get it ?, Some info on the card is [ Here (http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/xtide/rev_3/XT-IDE%20Rev%203%20-%20general.htm) ]

Yes, it is the Rev 3 made by glitch. I've gone through all the documentation I can find and the problem persists. I'm using XUB 2.0.0 b3. Not sure where it came from. I bought the card preassembled on that auction site. I know that the card works great in r1 mode, so I can't imagine there's a hardware problem... I just can't flash the eeprom with the setting changed for r2 mode. Strange as hell!

hardeejr
March 10th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Nevermind guys - I figured it out! The gentleman I purchased the card from didn't have the dip switches set correctly. I just assumed they would be set according to the EEPROM in the unit. It was set to a larger EEPROM chip than what it actually has. It also was set to not allow writing to the EEPROM, which was weird, since it would write back the EEPROM if there were no config changes (maybe it doesn't actually do anything since no changes were made). So, basically, once I enabled the correct EEPROM model with the dip switches, and enabled WR support, I was able to re-flash the unit with IDE_XT.BIN and we're back in business!