PDA

View Full Version : 8-bit VGA Plus jumper & switch settings ?

Malc
March 15th, 2017, 08:00 AM
I Found an old 8-bit VGA Plus Video card among a load of stuff i have stashed away, On the back it say's VGA Plus 61-603011-01, It has a Paradise PVGAIA chip, 1 3 pin jumper and a 4 switch block, I have tried every combination i can think of but can't get it to work, All i get is 'Out of range' on my monitor, Any body have one of these cards and know what the jumper and switch settings are ?

Thanks
Malc

Druid6900
March 15th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Would you be able to post a picture of it? That would make it easier to identify.

Malc
March 15th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Sorry i forgot to post a link, This is the same card i have (http://ru.pc-history.com/video-card-vga-plus-61-603011-01-8-bit-isa.html)

Stone
March 15th, 2017, 08:27 AM
It looks very much (although not exactly) like A WD Paradise VGA Plus card. It wouldn't hurt to try those settings.

Malc
March 15th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Thanks but no joy, I think I've looked at every 8 - bit and 16 - bit card on TULARC, Maybe the card i have is faulty, I'll throw it back where i found it or in the bin.

modem7
March 16th, 2017, 01:29 AM
Any body have one of these cards and know what the jumper and switch settings are ?
It is the same as one of the cards that member prime pictured at [here (http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?52357-VGA-Cards-that-work-in-5150-board)].

All switches are down in the photo, and all-down is the same default setting used for the 16-bit version of the card.

Malc
March 16th, 2017, 03:00 AM
Thanks, Tried all switches down and no worky, 'out of range'. I'm not too bothered, It's just i found it while looking for something else, maybe it's faulty.

KenEG
March 16th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I would try another monitor, if you have one. "Out of range" usually means that the monitor isn't capable of syncing the signal.

Scali
March 17th, 2017, 04:34 AM
You might want to flip switch 1 on the DIP switch block. It selects between fixed VGA timings and multisync timings. Possibly the monitor picks up the other signal.
I have the same card (except mine has a backplate with a hole to access the dip switches. Something tells me this is not the original backplate. Are you sure the card sits properly in the ISA slot with the backplate? Else, try taking the backplate off and see if that helps), and my LCD VGA monitor only works on one of the two settings. With an EIZO multisync monitor I didn't have that problem.

Malc
March 17th, 2017, 05:58 AM
My Card has the correct backplate though i did remove it, Tried the card on all my monitors, From my oldest CRT to my LCD's, Tried all switch settings i can find and no joy, I give up now, Thanks anyway.