PDA

View Full Version : MS-DOS 2.XX Corona

Jan1980
March 17th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Hello friends.

I own Corona PC400 (xt-clone). I am looking for original operating system (MS-DOS 2.XX). Can anybody help with disk images ?

THX !!!!!

Jan

GravityCrab
March 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM
https://winworldpc.com/product/ms-dos/2x

This should be what your looking for!

SomeGuy
March 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
From the sound of it, this machine should be IBM PC hardware compatible (Can boot PC-DOS and vanilla MS-DOS). From one account I just read googling for it, the early versions even just copied the IBM PC BIOS.

There are several Corona OEM versions of MS-DOS 1.25 archived, but I am not aware that there are any other corona-specific versions of bundled software archived anywhere.

Jan1980
March 19th, 2017, 11:53 AM
My second vintage PC is XT5160. I own IBM DOS 3.3. It does not work ! For example, if i press "return" 14 times, computer finish to work. Or, if i start basic, monitor goes off and system finish to work. I tried MS-DOS 2.11 from this thread. This works fine, but i need german keyboard driver. I think, it would be the best, to go with genuine corona MS-DOS 2.11 disks with all drivers. But at the moment, my problem is to fix troubles with harddisk... I have to found a program for lowlevel format. I have just 256kb RAM, so most of knowned programs not working....and... Controller is without IBM compatible BIOS, so i cannot go the way with debug... :-(