PDA

View Full Version : Lost package from US ebay

romanon
March 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Maybe it is little offtopic, sorry for that...
I am waiting for package of vintage hardware from US ebay for $50+.
But it is too long in my opinion, I am getting a restless.
Unfortunately it was sent as letter, so USPS not track the package out from the States.
Here is link for tracking https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=LH011830454US
Destination country is Slovakia (EU)

Any advices?
Thanks

glitch
March 30th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Once it's at the ISC facility that means it's about to leave the US, so it's most likely in your post office's care at this point. I've had letter rate parcels take over a month to arrive from the EU, so while you are certainly having to wait a while, it may not be lost, this may just be part of the typical process.

I would call your local post office and see if they can track the package based on the US customs number.

romanon
March 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Slovak Post cant find anything about this package
http://tandt.posta.sk/en/items/LH011830454US

Stone
March 30th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I would call your local post office and see if they can track the package based on the US customs number.

Slovak Post cant find anything about this package
http://tandt.posta.sk/en/items/LH011830454USFWIW the tracking number ╪ the customs number. They are two different values on two different forms.

glitch
March 30th, 2017, 11:53 AM
FWIW the tracking number ╪ the customs number. They are two different values on two different forms.

Sometimes, but the number OP has sure looks like a customs form number. But I would call the post office, don't just try and use the online forms. Often someone at the actual post office can get you more information through their internal systems.

romanon
March 30th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I have only this from seller

lutiana
March 30th, 2017, 01:05 PM
It may take some time to clear customs in your country. So I'd give it some time, and this time varies quite a bit. A friend and I ordered the same GPU from Ebay at the same time and it was coming in from Russia. He got his in about a month and a half, it took nearly 3 months for me to get mine.

How long has it been? If it's only been about a month, then give it some more time. If it's been 6, then contact the seller and say you never got it and see what they can do for you.

T-R-A
March 30th, 2017, 01:43 PM
According to one of the photos of the receipt, he sent it March 6. I'd think it'd take quite a while to clear customs (either to or from Slovakia). I'd give it at least one more week (possibly two) before I'd get overly concerned.

Tor
March 30th, 2017, 11:45 PM
I had something shipped to me recently. It took around nine days before it even left the US. From the online tracking it looked like it was about to leave, then nothing happened for two or three days, then another trace to somewhere else in the US - often inside the same facility.

romanon
March 31st, 2017, 06:09 AM
Today I received an email from USPS

What to hell they are doing with that package on one place from 11.3. to 28.3?

Stone
March 31st, 2017, 06:14 AM
Hey, when you're dealing with customs services you never know what to expect, believe me! :-)

Bottom line is... you will probably get it -- sometime.

Druid6900
March 31st, 2017, 06:18 AM
Regardless of what country stuff is coming from, it is lightening fast compared to coming from China......

Stone
March 31st, 2017, 06:20 AM
Regardless of what country stuff is coming from, it is lightening fast compared to coming from China......Maybe to Canada.

I get stuff from China in 2 to 3 weeks.

Druid6900
March 31st, 2017, 06:26 AM
Maybe to Canada.

I get stuff from China in 2 to 3 weeks.

Well, in my experience, even if you pay for the faster shipping, it's over a month.

From Hong Kong, yes, it comes in about that time.

They just seem to "lose" things a lot at China Post.

lyonadmiral
March 31st, 2017, 06:42 AM
Today I received an email from USPS

What to hell they are doing with that package on one place from 11.3. to 28.3?

Customs processing?

Tor
April 5th, 2017, 02:29 AM
Regardless of what country stuff is coming from, it is lightening fast compared to coming from China...... That depends. If you're lucky with the "shuttle" (the big container China Post shipment) timing then it can be pretty fast. I've had shipments arriving from China in 6 days to Norway. Or if you just miss the shuttle it'll be 3 or 3.5 weeks (but that used to take longer in the past. I think they send them more frequently now). It's easy to spot that they use this system, as nothing will arrive for days and then suddenly many packets arrive at the same day, from different sellers bought at different times. USPS though - they're doing something very strange, with all those "internal" places shipments are going, for who knows what reason. After shipments finally leave the US it'll be ok.

archeocomp
April 5th, 2017, 02:48 AM
I am still waiting for two items from China bought on eBay Febr. 12 ...

soviet9922
April 5th, 2017, 11:01 AM
You have to be patient, usually packages from china can take 2 months or 3 months to arrive for me.
One time i ordered a board from South Africa and for some reason arrived 5 months later in my home.
Packages from Russia can take 3 months at least.

Tor
April 5th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Yeah, occasionally there's a hickup. As I mentioned, it rarely takes more than 3.5 weeks now (to Norway). But I've had a couple of occasions where it took nearly two months. And once it took a *year*. But it did arrive..

chulofiasco
April 6th, 2017, 05:57 PM
I had shipped a 9585 to France with Global Shipping. The beast made it as far as the U.K. And then fell off the grid. Was supposed to connect in Germany with UPS, but never made it.

The 85 was practically new, aside from two decades of dust.

All eBay could say was, "its covered with global Shipping; your buyer will be reimbursed, and the funds will remain in your account."

Of course that was bullshit, the money was never the point. They couldn't comprehend that finding the box was the priority.

They refused to provide tracking details after it left the country -- I found had to find a Pitney Bowes customer service number, and while they were not able to locate it, at least I could feel like I tried. I didn't give up and just take it. I needed an answer.

How the hell do you lose a 70 lb box that's two feet off the ground ?

Global Shipping ate a 9556 a month later... I'm convinced they've got a PS/2 enthusiast with sticky fingers on staff.

archeocomp
April 6th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I'm convinced they've got a PS/2 enthusiast with sticky fingers on staff.
Similar thing happened recently with vintage PIONEER TOTL heavy big turntable at eBay UK. It simply evaporated ..

fjk61011
April 7th, 2017, 03:11 AM
Have you not seen "Men in Black"? :)