PDA

View Full Version : NEC MultiSpin 6i (CDR-502) DOS Drivers

chulofiasco
April 1st, 2017, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I installed this CDROM into my PS/2 9595. It's hanging off an IBM SCSI-2 F/W Adapter in Slot 1.

I'm looking for the right DOS drivers to use with the beast.

I had read here: http://ohlandl.ipv7.net/9556/9556.html that there were drivers available that were created with PS/2's in mind, but of course I can't find that archive referenced.

Does anyone have it, OR have a driver that would work with this SCSI adapter/CDROM combo?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Chuck(G)
April 1st, 2017, 01:19 PM
If you've got an ASPI driver for your SCSI card, Adaptec ASPICD.SYS should work just fine.

chulofiasco
April 1st, 2017, 01:33 PM
Thanks Chuck, let me give it a try.

chulofiasco
April 1st, 2017, 01:45 PM
Hey Chuck,

I tried ASPICD.SYS with ASPI4B.SYS, which should be the ASPI layer, but the driver doesn't load into memory and MSCDEX complains.

I've tried ASPIIBM.SYS as well, and while it detects the CD-ROM, it also causes the system to hang.

What do you think?

Chuck(G)
April 1st, 2017, 02:00 PM
I assume that you've already run across this message? (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/corelsupport.other/vapM1TVtiOY/QdVppsAEUxEJ)

chulofiasco
April 1st, 2017, 02:41 PM
I saw that, i should look for cd_uni.sys. I didn't care for Debbie's response, definitely not an "outside the box" thinker.

My setup is a bit... non traditional?

There are two SCSI adapters installed, slot one has the SCSI-2f/w and slot four has the Cheetah RAID adapter. Off the SCSI-2 F/W I've got a SCSI2SD configured as two as hard disks, ids 6 & 4. A MO 127MB drive, id 5, this NEC cd rom, id 3. A SCSI dat tape as id 0. The MO terminates the setup.

The RAID array consists of three 4Gb drives configured as two logical disks.

i want to get this ultimately set up DOS/3.11wfw, NT4 server, OS/2 Warp from OS/2 boot manager.

The CD-ROM works splendidly during the Warp setup, i haven't gotten to NT yet.

Ive been trying to beast this thing as far as this madness allows... and trying to find the answer to one usually pisses off a few of the others...

this is better than crosswords. ��

Chuck(G)
April 1st, 2017, 02:44 PM
Yabut, you don't get to the point in a crossword where it says "You can't get there from here." :)