PDA

View Full Version : Side Project - Putting Motherboard into OEM Case

Smack2k
April 25th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Have a little side project I want to attempt just for the fun of it while I wait for parts for the 386 I am working to build.

I have a Compaq Presario Case like this one - http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/0/01/017ca808_vbattach213877.jpeg - that I really like the look of and always have. I want to put a Pentium 1 - 75 MHZ board into the case and set it up to run. The board fits in the case (with some modifications to the posts I need to do), but I need to modify the front panel connectors from the all in one plug the case has them wired into, into individual wires to plug in to my board....

What is the part name of the plastic front panel connectors that I can use for these? I just cant remember it. I would just cut the wires from the OEM panel connector and wire them individually into the new connectors. I need to get an assortment of the connectors, but I dont remember the name!!

Chuck(G)
April 25th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Do you mean the single-row 0.1 inch spaced connectors? I've heard those referred to as Dupont connectors, although I don't know how they got that name. Indeed, that's what comes up on a google or eBay search.

Smack2k
April 26th, 2017, 03:36 AM
That's it..Dupont connectors...thanks a ton...i couldnt remember the damn name