PDA

View Full Version : Intertec Superbrain Repair Project [Dutch Incl.]

SceneCAT
April 28th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Hello there,

after obtaining a good looking but Non-Working Intertec Superbrain from that Dutch auction site recently, a Project was born
*sigh*...here we go again.....

so i/we ended up here on VCF after searching, and have uploaded photos of the Superbrain. [see my Albums here on VCF?]
these show in what status it was: most if not all wires/connectors loose, PSU board loose and a extra transformator, also loose [2 extra screws on the back thru the logo [omg] show where it was mounted]

we have dl-ded some available Schematics in pdf and the HQ one found here on VCF. [thnx JonHales?]
the PSU board needs work, and retrieval of the ROM content due to known SUPERBWAIN ROM failures........yay Superbrain. lol

after gathering info/data/schematics/ordered parts and/or pcb's ....this Beauty may actually be a small step closer to Revival!

so yes, all useful Info/hardware is surely Welcome and Greatly Appreciated.

will reply/report/update Superbrain photo Album

greetz, SceneCAT
the Netherlands

JonB
May 1st, 2017, 03:10 AM
All the Superbrain owners are coming out of the woodwork!

Hey, maybe they aren't so ULTRA RARE (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291958536417) after all, eh?

Anyway... good luck with it. Remember what I said. Test the power with a dummy load first.

SceneCAT
May 1st, 2017, 03:18 AM
more pics

SceneCAT
May 1st, 2017, 03:25 AM
hehe, yes, we been dorment for too long! *strrretch* hehe

thnx for the info so far, feel free to paste the same info in this thread.
it will be handy to have this thread as a notebook for this SuperBrain's Project for me and my Hardware Guru's.
this will be another one of those Awesome non-haste repair Projects
also, about those PCB's......pm

StephenM
May 9th, 2017, 03:49 AM
Congratulations another Superbrain on its way to saved.

My Superbrain successfully started up late last night Monday the 8th 2017.
Here is a link to photos and comments on my restoration

https://goo.gl/photos/Hr5WYYmuXBXXyP8j6

Good luck and if you have a problem just ask as there are lots of people on this forum that helped me.

JonB
May 9th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Yeah, saw it. I think I may build them myself, it's easier. I've got enough parts here. Not sure where they are going though. alan8088, jonhales and now you want a set each. That's it, all gone, unless I order more from OSHPark.