PDA

View Full Version : vintage kennedy 9 track installed in 19 inch rack mount on wheels

blubeard11
June 8th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I have in my possession for the last 25 years a Kennedy I think 9401 9 track reel to reel 1/2 inch mag tape drive. although it worked when I first got it, and powers up and all. it has been used for a griddle stand for 7 years so its pretty grimy with grease.
I posted many years ago 2006 I think. about it. I had some people wanting to take it off my hands back then but I couldn't come up with then the 300 or so for shipping and the guys to haul it down stairs to put on a truck.
I have offered it on listit for 50 bucks no one came through to pick it up. so I offered it for free. still got 2 inquiries but no one came to pick it up.
now I will hold it if someone is interested it is a pertec interface (no idea where the 2) 50 pin to 68 din cable went or the pertec card I had went. I did have at one time software that came with the pertec card hence I know it all worked 20 years ago. it got near a magnet and couldn't read the floppy I inquired for replacement from the company and got a ill send a cd with the software on it but they never got back to me or sent the cd.
all my stuff was rearranged two times so I have no idea where anything is except this huge 300 or so lbs tape drive. now this probably isn't where you list it for sale but I haven't been on this site since 2006 and my forte of protocols my be lacking.
looking for any ideas. now the Colorado computer museum is interested it it and cleaning it up but has no room for it. I have been waiting for 3 months for them to open up a spot to proudly display for others to see this tape drive.

any ideas people??

g4ugm
June 8th, 2017, 03:36 PM
1) where exactly is it..
2) there are folks on cctalk that may not be interested..

blubeard11
June 9th, 2017, 04:14 AM
1) where exactly is it..
2) there are folks on cctalk that may not be interested..

Greeley colorado

roberttx
August 6th, 2017, 07:25 AM
How big is the rack and would you post a photo, please?

I'm planning on being in Denver in October, which puts Greeley within striking distance.