PDA

View Full Version : Found a Good ATX to AT Converter Pigtail

glitch
June 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
eBay link, not mine, not affiliated with the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261237563468

I ordered these because I'm basically out of working AT supplies and I've sold off/given away the other adapters I had. I ordered these over the typical cheap Chinese adapters, and they are better quality, especially for the small difference in cost. The connectors are nice, no forcing/wiggling to get pins to line up. Switch is a standard push on/push off type usually found in AT cases, so if you're installing this in a case it's bolt-in. I haven't cut any of the wires to verify conductor size, but they feel stiffer than the cheaper ones I've ordered in the past. Plus, there's a load resistor for the 3.3V line.

ChrisUnionNJ
June 10th, 2017, 11:45 AM
And he's closed for vacation!!

Agent Orange
June 10th, 2017, 11:47 AM
eBay link, not mine, not affiliated with the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261237563468

I ordered these because I'm basically out of working AT supplies and I've sold off/given away the other adapters I had. I ordered these over the typical cheap Chinese adapters, and they are better quality, especially for the small difference in cost. The connectors are nice, no forcing/wiggling to get pins to line up. Switch is a standard push on/push off type usually found in AT cases, so if you're installing this in a case it's bolt-in. I haven't cut any of the wires to verify conductor size, but they feel stiffer than the cheaper ones I've ordered in the past. Plus, there's a load resistor for the 3.3V line.

Nice find on that one, Glitch. Can you imagine: "Made in the USA"?

lutiana
June 10th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Awesome. I am going to pick up one or two. But it looks like if you need the -5v rail then you'll still have a bit of an issue, or at least need to get an older ATX 1.x PSU.

glitch
June 10th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I've got some older ATX 1.x 1U server supplies I keep in the drawer on the test bench. Smaller/less wire barf on the work surface anyway!

GiGaBiTe
June 10th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Awesome. I am going to pick up one or two. But it looks like if you need the -5v rail then you'll still have a bit of an issue, or at least need to get an older ATX 1.x PSU.

The current draw on the -5v rail is so low that you can just use a negative voltage charge pump like an LM2662/2663. Just hang that off the +5v rail to get -5v. In a pinch you could use a LM7905 off the -12v rail, but that will probably get really hot due to the large voltage difference.