PDA

View Full Version : XT-IDE HD not visible from a floppy disk boot

evildragon
June 20th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Very weird issue, but perhaps I should ask for help before I lose my mind. I have a FAT16 formatted Disk on module on my system (see signature), and it boots just fine and runs just fine. But, if I boot from a floppy disk, it does not see the C: drive whatsoever, neither does FDISK.

Any ideas to why that could possibly be, yet I can boot to it just fine? I think I am using BIOS R591 of the universal bios... I can confirm though.

Agent Orange
June 20th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Very weird issue, but perhaps I should ask for help before I lose my mind. I have a FAT16 formatted Disk on module on my system (see signature), and it boots just fine and runs just fine. But, if I boot from a floppy disk, it does not see the C: drive whatsoever, neither does FDISK.

Any ideas to why that could possibly be, yet I can boot to it just fine? I think I am using BIOS R591 of the universal bios... I can confirm though.

Are the OS's on the module and floppy both the same format?

evildragon
June 20th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Are the OS's on the module and floppy both the same format?

The one on the DOM was formatted under MS-DOS 6.22, FAT16. I then erased it then installed DR-DOS 6 onto it, but never re-formatted. I have so far tried to boot an MS-DOS 6.22 floppy, the same one that originally formatted it some time ago, and that's the one that no longer sees it.

I can try and sys DR-DOS to a floppy and see if that is then able to see it?

evildragon
June 20th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Apparently I must not have run FDISK like I thought, it wasn't on my bootdisk. Anyway, I did some inspecting further when I was video taping this to show you, and found the reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e2aAo40JAQ

All IS working as it should and has nothing to do with XT-IDE.