PDA

View Full Version : Help removing full height hard drive from a 5161 unit.

fjk61011
June 27th, 2017, 04:16 AM
I'm trying to remove a full height hard drive from a 5161 unit.

I removed the two screws from the right side of the cage. The hard drive slides forward about half an inch but no further.

Any hints?

astamp
June 27th, 2017, 04:46 AM
Does the 5161 have a port on the bottom for screws like the 5160?

Denniske1976
June 27th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Could be there's another one located on the bottom center of the case? The XT has two of them on the side of the drives (FH version) and there's a round recessed tube in the center bottom of the case with another screw in it to let's say "hold the other side in place from below"... maybe the 5161 unit has that to?

fjk61011
June 27th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Could be there's another one located on the bottom center of the case? The XT has two of them on the side of the drives (FH version) and there's a round recessed tube in the center bottom of the case with another screw in it to let's say "hold the other side in place from below"... maybe the 5161 unit has that to?

Yes I found that hole and felt in it with my finger and there seems to be a screw there. I'll take the cover off later and try all the screws.

lutiana
June 27th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Also keep in mind you don't slide it out the front to remove it. You sort of slide it forward a little bit, then tilt it's ass up to the sky and then move it up and back to get it out.

fjk61011
June 27th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Also keep in mind you don't slide it out the front to remove it. You sort of slide it forward a little bit, then tilt it's ass up to the sky and then move it up and back to get it out.

It came out the front. Installed now in a 5150 that's not connected to the 5161.

EDIT: It had a full height cover on the front with a little red window for the led so it would not have gone out backward.